Life Isn't Measured by the Number of Breaths You Take, but by the Moments that Take Your Breath Away

Sunday, March 7, 2010

Happy Bday Grandpa!


Happy 62 Grandpa! We are so lucky to live in Austin and be at grandpa's house for his birthday! This is grandma's famous birthday cake. We'll cake it the Super Sam Kablam. Mom asked Sam what kind of birthday cake he wanted recently and in true Sammy form, he came up with the most outrageous recipe - two layers of yellow cake, filled with vanilla creme, a home baked cherry pie sandwiched in the middle, frosted with whipped creme, drizzled with chocolate fudge and topped with Ferrero Rochers. Yep. It was awesome, and surprisingly delicious!


For grandpa's birthday, mom and dad and I and some of their good friends went to see Fiddler on the Roof at the University of Texas Bass Concert Hall. It was amazing.


It was so nice to have some much needed grown up time with mom and dad. I hope the group didn't think I was snobby, because I don't think I said more than 100 words the entire time. I just REALLY enjoyed not talking to anyone and not being talked to for a couple hours. It was heavenly.

Happy Birthday Dad!

No comments:

Post a Comment