Life Isn't Measured by the Number of Breaths You Take, but by the Moments that Take Your Breath Away

Monday, March 22, 2010

I ♥ Elle!

I totally ripped off this ridiculously cute hairdo from my wonderfully creative friend Jenna - an idea she ripped off from another crafty friend. And so the circle is complete.

I hope you enjoy it! I LOVED braiding these little hearts into my Ellie's hair :).


When I was a little girl, maybe Hunter's age, I used to style all the neighborhood girls' hair. My signature style was the "ribbon" look. I would give my "client" a top-of-the-head ponytail - either complete or partial would do. Then I would separate the ponytail into small sections of hair. I would douse one small section of hair at a time with AquaNet, or Rave 4 Megahold (my favorite), until it was soaked. Then I would  take one of those super small curling irons that were so the rage in the 80s and sizzle that section of hair into a tight ringlet. Then repeat with all the small sections of hair until it looked like a fabulous pile of hair-colored curling ribbon was piled on top of my client's head.  I know, it was fabulous.

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE it!! I'm so glad you "ripped it off" from me. :-) Every little girl should have hearts in their hair!!! Love you!!!

    ReplyDelete