Life Isn't Measured by the Number of Breaths You Take, but by the Moments that Take Your Breath Away

Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Shrinky Dinky Doo

Do you remember Shrinky Dinks?



Talk about come a long way! I remember Shrinky Dinks as a kid like this Mr. T kit here. I mean, Mr. T, what could be cooler than that.


But as I googled what kind of Shrinky Dink business was going on nowadays, I found more and more remarkable stuff like this:



I would LOVE some killer Shrinky Dink jewelry like that! Maybe we'll have to a "functional Shrinky Dink" craft day at our house one day soon.

In the meantime, Shrinky Dink fun for pure entertainment value is good enough. Hunter and Michael AND Elle had a great time Shrinky Dinkin' it up with Hunter's cutie friend Hannah. Check out their creations:

 

I didn't remember how extensive the coloring investment to the finish product ratio was. Check out this before and after for the very favorite giant squid guy.



So the kids started out picking their image to trace.


Then they colored their little hearts out.


Cut it out.


And watched their giant creations become tiny pieces of artwork. LOVE IT!

1 comment:

  1. Love that shrinky dinky jewelry. I saw someone made mothers jewelry with shrinky dinkys. What a great idea!

    ReplyDelete